Thursday, April 14, 2011

Arts Explorer #9: Guerilla Art

This is the first I learn or even participate in Guerilla art. At first I was a little confused as to what to put out for the world to see. What can be my BIG idea that catches someones attention?? Then I thought of the perfect idea to exploit to the world.

My Guerilla art consists of red roses and a sign that says "TAKE....you hands off"

The purpose of this is to see whether or not people read the small writing, or if they just take what ever they assume is offered to them. I'm excited to start and see what happens...

Step 1: Roses + making a sign.













Step 2: place it out side where someone can spot it!

















Step 3:  (11 minutes later...) wait for people to pass by....


This project was very interesting to do! It was a little difficult at first to think of something but once I had the greatest idea I just went at it. The place i chose may have been a little quieter than I anticipated however, I was happy it wasn't over riding with people because if it was, I wouldn't be able to catch people reactions as well as I did for this man! When the man noticed the roses and the sign from a distance I was soo excited and interested to see what he will do. Will he take it? Will he noticed the words saying "your hands off" located in the negative space which means: space left between or surrounding subject matter, symbols, or shapes.
Lets find our the Reaction of that man......




                         Step 4:Their Reaction to my Guerilla art!!
Stranger looking around...


Stranger picking up flower

Stranger leaving with rose...


He obviously didnt read the fine print. But thats okay. This project was very interesting to see how people react to usual situations that we dont see on a regular basis. As a perspective educator, I will most definitely apply this project with children. Maybe take all the children to draw on big collage out on the pavement. That would be interesting to see how people react to children's art on the ground.




References
Schirrmacher, R., & Fox, J.E. (2009). Art and creative development for young children (6th Ed.). Belmont, CA: Delmar

No comments:

Post a Comment